Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Do you use a baby monitor

edited July 2016 in Technology
My husband and I have discussed this for a while before our boy was here as he thought we needed one of those and I was not so sure about it.

We decided to order one and see if we needed it. At first our baby was sleeping in our bedroom in a little rollaway bed next to ours. After almost four month he was sleeping through the night most times and we moved him into his nursery, which to my surprise worked without any hick ups. We used the monitor for a few days but the crackling noise it made just kept me awake so we decided to turn it off and see if we could still hear him. That worked out fine so we just keep the bedroom doors open since then and returned the monitor.

Do you use one of those monitors? What made you decide for or against it?

Mumofone

Comments

• Our home is pretty small so whenever I leave the baby in the room asleep I leave the door open so I can hear him. I have never used a baby monitor with any of my children. It's not that I'm against them I just never have used them.
  • I want one of the video monitors. I know the babies will sleep on me sometimes, but for the most part I'm going to try to have them sleeping together in their crib and I want to be able to notice when one is waking up before they wake up each other!

I'm going to do everything I can to have them separate as often as possible.
  • I have one of the monitors for the boys' room. When you have two sharing a room, it is always good to make sure one doesn't wake the other. Now that they can do a few things on their own, it is also an effective tool to make sure they are not up to anything they shouldn't be. LOL.
  • Hmm. Great idea happymom! I might use that for the older girls. I could hide it in their room! As for the baby it will sleep in my room.