Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Diluted cow´s milk for your baby

edited August 2016 in Babyfood & Recipes
What do you think about giving an 8 month old baby diluted cow´s milk every now and again?

It seems like the opinions on this one even among doctors vary quite a bit. Some say it´s ok some say you shouldn’t do it at all before they are at least a year old.

My baby gets two bottles of formula and two normal meals a day. So have he has done well with all the different foods we have given him. Now I am thinking about giving him diluted cow´s milk for his tea instead of formula. I have heard from a lot of doctors who don’t approve with the follow on milk formulas.

What do you think?

Mumofone

Comments

• I saw a news health show recently that recommended not giving cow's milk until they are over 12 months old. Isn't the formula very similar to diluted cow's milk just with added vitamins and minerals? I don't see why cow's milk would be better. I am pretty surprised that your 8 month old takes tea already!
  • It is advised not to give cows milk to babies until they are 1.5 - 2 years old. The protein in milk is indigestible for the babies and this can cause digestion issues, allergies or have an intolerance.

Formula is a better option and now formulas that can stand along with breastmilk are available in the market. But breastfeeding is the best option for a 8 months old baby.
  • I've read that its not necessary to dilute milk for kids, especially when they are 3 or under. Whether they have breast milk or animal milk they need the full fat and nutrients from it.