Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Breastfeeding or furmula

edited July 2016 in Breastfeeding
Do or did you breastfeed your baby or do or did you give it formula?

I have already decided before I got pregnant that I would rather give him formula for various reasons. I did discuss it with my husband and doctor before giving birth and they gave me a pill after he was here so that I would not produce milk. I have been very happy with my choice although a lot of people will disagree with me. For me the advantages were that I would not have any problems with infections or sore breasts, or not knowing if the baby gets enough milk and most of all my husband and I could organise getting up in the night and feeding our baby better.

We arranged on one night him, one night me, which gave both of us a full night sleep every second day.

What´s your view on this?

Mumofone

Comments

• I'm planning to breastfeed and at least I know my nipples are not inverted, so I should be able to. I have also gone to La Leche League meetings and talked to a lactation consultant so I know how to trouble shoot most problems and if I have more problems I have people I can go to whom already know me. I feel really excited and prepared!
  • I've been lucky enough to be able to exclusively breastfeed all my children, so far both of my older children self-weaned and my youngest is still going strong at almost 10 months. It was an easy choice for me because when I saw the hurricane Katrina's damage and learned that a lot of babies were dying because the water wasn't clean enough to make formula my heart broke. Then I met a mom who tried her best to breastfeed but couldn't, so she spent her time and energy educating mothers who could.