Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Sleep Training

Have you tried any sleep training techniques for baby? What did you try and how did it work for you?

I've suffered with insomnia since I was a child. I really want to instill healthy sleep habits for my children, but I didn't realize how important it was to instill these things early until my oldest child was around 4 years old. I never worked on sleep training while my children were infants but I want to try with my 8 month old now.

Do you have any recommendations and what made you decide how and when to put your baby to sleep?

Comments

• I never did any sleep training with my children. Somehow, we just kind of fell in line together. It took patience and I had to remember that each child is different. Some need longer nap times than others. I have always found that if I had a regular nap time everyday and a regular bedtime everyday then things just kinda fell into place. Routines work best. At night time we would read, we always had nap time after we had our afternoon snacks. Routine, persistence and taking time to get to know your child will get you on the right track to forming good sleep habits. Oh, and no electronics or TV directly before sleep time.
  • momma5931 that sounds like great advice. I'll keep that in mind when my baby is born.