Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Terrible leg cramps

I am getting terrible pregnancy leg cramps frequently almost every night. I feel like a ball rolling from the bottom of my legs to the knees. It is very painful and I getting up screaming in the night while sleeping. I will not be able to move my legs for some time after that.

Is it common during pregnancy or am I doing something wrong? Can some through some light regarding managing the cramps or stop it from happening?

Comments

• How far along are you Isabella? I do remember this happening to me. Doing prenatal yoga is the only thing that seemed to help, and drinking a lot of water. It's very common during late pregnancy. My midwife told me it has something to do with blood vessels and the pressure of the baby on the body.
  • Have you checked to see if you might be anemic? Anemia runs in my family, but my doctor told me I would be more likely to be anemic during pregnancy, even for people who don't have a family history, this is something that becomes more of a concern during pregnancy, so you might want to check that out and see.
  • Make sure and stay well hydrated. Try drinking a full glass of water at bedtime. Yes, it will make you have to go to the bathroom but aren't you doing that already. LOL. Bananas are also good things to eat to prevent cramps. Try adding more of them to your diet. Some people also suggest sleeping on your left side. It helps to increase circulation.