Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Can babies be allergic to certain brands of diapers?

Have you ever noticed that one brand of diaper or the other causes and allergic reaction in your child. Which brands seem to cause more irritation in your experience?

Comments

• I havent found any correlation to the brand but within the same brand there are different styles, some my baby seems to be allergic to. The breathable, mesh styles that emphasize staying dry bother him, so I get diapers specifically designed for sensitive skin.
  • faith22faith22

edited August 2017
    I've heard that a lot of parents with babies with sensitive skin use cloth. My best friend uses cloth on her baby and its not as hard as I thought it would have been. Its actually pretty easy. I probably won't do it with my babies because I'm having twins but if I wasn't I probably would.
  • You might be surprised at how easy it is and useful to use cloth. I've had to take care of many babies and some of them have used cloth diapers. There is really nothing more to do with them except to wash them rather than buy more and they are much better on baby's skin. There's also dozens of different styles to try what would work best for you. I'd look into it. It's become a big thing for a lot of parents.